27.02.17

SEMINAR

After presenting my proposal, the initial thought from my group was that this is going to be a difficult project to pursue. I also think this, however, I wanted to set myself a challenging brief as it's just more interesting (especially as we have 6 weeks) but also i think pushing myself usually generates my best work. At the moment I'm quite confident with my proposal and intentions. I'm also looking forward to exploring the ideas/concepts in my proposal (and more). 

NEXT STAGES:

(feedback from the group)

- Research into Sarah Hyndman - I've already begun looking into her book The Type Taster (briefly) - also should look into her workshops, her first book Why Fonts Matter and Ted Talk Wake Up and Smell the Fonts
- Research into John Morgan Studio, more specifically Four Corner Books and the 'Familiar Series'
- Think about touch and texture 
- Begin thinking about the format of the outcome, the context of the experience
- Overall, try and be more active in testing any visual ideas - even ones that just pop into your head

THINGS I WANT TO AVOID:

- Being cliche - don't choose typefaces that are too familiar, for example, ones that you'd typically use or see on a word processor. I want this project to be personal but still understandable/recognisable/relatable to others.
- Getting too wrapped up in research - know when to stop - i think sometimes i do too much secondary and contextual, forgetting primary.