HOW HAVE I GOT HERE?


WHICH PROJECTS HAVE I ENJOYED/ WHY?
Blind Date - I really enjoyed this first photography-led brief. I felt it really pushed me to begin using photography as a primary medium for final outcomes.
Shape of Words - I surprised myself with how much I enjoyed exploring and learning about typography. Potentially something i'd like to explore in depth for FMP.

WHICH PROJECTS HAVE I LOATHED/WHY?
I found Change it now very frustrating hence why i still do not have a final outcome for it. I used a very minor subject for this project and one that was very hard to be passionate about so I think i found it difficult to campaign for change.

IS IT IMPORTANT TO YOU THAT YOUR WORK IS HUMOROUS, INFORMATIVE, 
SHOCKING AND BEAUTIFUL? WHY?
I think its important for any work to have a one of the above qualities as it sparks a reaction or a feeling from the viewer or audience. The most memorable work is the most effective. I also think humour is an important aspect to include sometimes. On foundation I have found that often people will shy away from making their work humorous, however, whilst researching successful campaigning methods etc during the Change it Now project, I found that humour is usually the most effective way to communicate something as it grabs peoples attention and makes the campaign more memorable. 

DURING THE COURSE OF PART 2, HAS YOUR APPROACH TO THE BRIEF CHANGED? WHY?
Over the course of part 2, I don't think my approach to the brief has changed massively , however,  I think I have developed a personal approach to the brief which I've found to be very effective within my work. 

WHEN PRESENTED WITH A BRIEF, HOW DO YOU GET STARTED? ARE THERE ANY OTHER WAYS TO GET GOING?
When presented with a brief, my first steps are usually to look in the library or on the internet for inspiration and/or some initial research.  I write a lot of things down and will have a couple of ideas going at the beginning before fully begin developing one. If i was stuck on a brief I would probably go out and take some photos as its a medium I find i can visually communicate my thoughts effectively or I would go to an gallery/museum. 


WHAT OTHER SKILLS WOULD BE USEFUL TO LEARN?
I've really enjoyed all the photography work I've done during part 2 and I'd like to develop this by switching to analogue and really experimenting and exploring the qualities of analogue photography. During part 3, I'd also like to fully explore different printing techniques as its something I feel I only lightly touched on during part 2 as it was so new to me. 

HOW MUCH USE DO YOU MAKE OF THE RESEARCH YOU DO?
I think one of my strengths is successfully making my research visible in the final outcome. For me, research is an important part that full use should be made of.

WHO DO YOU GO TO FOR FEEDBACK DURING A PROJECT? WHAT EFFECT DOES THIS HAVE ON YOUR WORK?

I don't find myself asking for feedback during a project that often, but when I do I like to go to multiple people before reflecting and analysing what they've said. I find before I take action with anything, I'm someone that likes to read everything and listen to everything before making a final decision.